The Witcher: Wild Hunt is a story-driven, next-generation open world role-playing game set in a visually stunning fantasy universe full of meaningful choices and impactful consequences. In The Witcher you play as the professional monster hunter, Geralt of Rivia, tasked with finding a child of prophecy in a vast open world rich with merchant cities, viking pirate islands, dangerous mountain passes, and forgotten caverns to explore.
– Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
– Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
– RAM: 6 GB
– Video Card: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
– DirectX: 11
– HDD Space: 36~53 GB – read below why
Included DLCs & Expansions
- Beard and Hair Style Set (Found at any Barber)
- Temerian Armor Set (White Orchard, Merchant close by the Woesong Bridge Signpost)
- Alternative Look for Yennefer
- New Quest “Contract: Missing Miners” (Found in Skellige on a notice board)
- Elite Crossbow Set
- “Ballad Heroes” Neutral Gwent Card Set
- Nilfgaardian Armor Set (Quartermaster in Crows Perch other side of the Master Blacksmith)
- New Quest “Fool’s Gold” (Found by speaking to bandits at Lurtch in Velen)
- Alternative Look for Triss
- Skellige Armor Set (Sold by the Smith in Kaer Trolde)
- New Quest “Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear”
- New Quest “Contract: Skellige’s Most Wanted”
- New Quest “Where The Cat and Wolf Play” (Begins in Oreton, Velen)
- Alternative Look for Ciri
- New Finisher Animations
- New Game +
- Hearts of Stone Expansion Pack
- Blood & Wine Expansion Pack
- Based on The.Witcher.3.Wild.Hunt.Game.of.the.Year.Edition.v1.31-GOG non-scene release: 33.1 GB
- Additonal voicepacks added: 15.3 GB
- All GUI/subtitles translation left intact
- NOTHING ripped, NOTHING re-encoded
- Voiceovers language packs as optional downloads – you can combine them in the game options with any text translation
- 100% Lossless & MD5 Perfect: all files are identical to originals after installation
- Ready for official GOG patches, registy entries recreated (open “Registry Fix\readme.txt” after game installation if registry entries weren’t created in your case)
- Significantly smaller archive size (compressed from cumulative 48.4 GB to 23.5~38.5 GB, depending on language packs)
- Installation takes: 1 hour on 8-cores CPU + SSD; ~1.5-2 hours on 4-cores CPU + HDD; up to 3 hours on 2-cores CPU + HDD. Avoid any load on your target HDD during installation! Turn off torrent client or similar software.
- HDD space after installation: 36~53 GB (depending on selected language packs)
- Repack by FitGirl
You can skip downloading of speech files or you don’t need.
Here is the list of optional files (you need at least one speech pack downloaded):
At the moment, Brazilian and Japanese voiceover packs are not available for download. Brazilian has a broken installer on GOG itself and Japanese is simple AWOL.
In example, if you want to launch the game with Russian UI/Subtitles/Voiceovers – skip all “selective” files,
but download setup-fitgirl-selective-speech-russian.bin & all main files.
This repack is SLIGHTLY backwards compatible with my previous repack of Witcher 3 due to improved compression & lots of changed/new files. Only setup-fitgirl-02.bin && setup-fitgirl-07.bin can be used from the previous repack.
Problems during installation?
If you experience errors (Xdelta or Unarc ones) during installation, try the following things:
- Make sure your Windows username doesn’t contain non-latin symbols. Use only latin characters & numbers
- Re-hash torrent (in Utorrent point to the game entry, stop download/upload, then click right mouse button, then click “Force Re-check”)
- Disable antivirus (INCLUDING Windows Defender), it can delete installation files or cracks on-the-fly
- Set UAC to a minimum level, otherwise some parts of the installer won’t run due to restricted rights
- Make sure you have at least as two times more virtual memory, than actual, physical RAM
- Make sure you have enough space on target drive & on C: drive (or whatever system drive you have)
- Try install the game NOT to C: (system) drive OR specifically to C: drive (Windows rights system is a tricky thing)
- Check your Windows folder (and below) for unarc.dll – if this file exists, delete it
- Reboot in Safe Mode and install the game
- Run setup with proper rights, as shown on this image: